We are now open 10am-5pm Tuesday-Saturday and we are accepting donations any time!
--Sept. 1, 2013
We have moved to a beautiful, larger location in downtown Medford: 110 N. Ivy St.
-- Jul. 30, 2012
Please welcome our new fearless leaders. Come in to get the scoop and get involved!
-- Feb. 11, 2012
Like us on Facebook
and receive periodic updates on what's new at RBE.
--Oct. 14, 2011
Call for Volunteers
We always have books waiting to be shelved-- the more volunteers we have, the faster we can make books available!
-- Apr. 5, 2010
How to find us: We are located in downtown Medford on the NE corner of 6th and Ivy.
What we are: Rogue Book Exchange is a nonprofit organization founded to unite unwanted books with people who want them. We look like a bookstore, but there's one big difference: all the books on the shelves are free!
How it works: A small percentage of donated books will be sold online in order to pay the bills. All other books will be made available free to the public. You don't have to donate books in order to take some home and you don't have to take any home if you donate. Someone would love to have the books and other media that have been gathering dust on your shelves or in storage so bring them on in and take home something new!
When we're open: Rogue Book Exchange is open Tuesday-Saturday 10am-5pm.
What we offer:
- Free books, movies and CDs
- Chairs for browsing
- Kid-friendly space
- Our largest selections are in general fiction, mystery/thriller/horror, religion and spirituality, nonfiction, health/diet and romance. We also have many items in young adult, reference/ educational/ textbooks/ homeschool, pregnancy/ parenting, childrens, cookbooks, biography and autobiography, science fiction/ fantasy, history and current events, business/ finance, sports, travel, pets, humor, home improvement, crafts/ hobbies, foreign language, games, computer, nature, classics, western, movies, audiobooks, and CDs. Obviously, our stock will be in constant flux so you'll have to come in to see what you can find!
- We do not accept encyclopedias, Reader's Digest Condensed books or magazines.
- Volunteers! We always have books ready to shelve-- the more help we have, the more books we can get out onto the shelves. We are happy to have both regularly scheduled volunteers and drop-in help.
- Lumber: 1x8, 1x10 and 1x12 boards in lengths of at least 3 feet.
- Publicity contacts. Any way we can spread the word helps.
- Barcode scanner.
- Office supplies: blank paper, packing tape, new or gently used padded mailers, scotch tape, bubble wrap.
- Gift certificates (got one that you're just not sure how to use?) for building supply or office supply stores (Staples, Office Depot, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.).
- Bookends (the simple bent metal ones).
- And, of course, we'll happily accept cash donations as well.
- All donations are tax deductible! Just ask the worker on duty for a receipt.
How to contact us: You are welcome to stop by any time during open hours. Our phone number is (541) 779-1326. You can also contact our staff by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.